Wednesday, May 10, 2017

All Over by Emmanuel Lefrant

This film engaged my senses by bringing an interesting shower of dots, with an unusual splotchy soundtrack. The colors intrigued me by the way they were outlaid and created on the film. Interesting red, blue and pink colors were introduced in these spots and appeared randomly.

When viewing the film, it really reminded me of a class I took my first semester at SMU, The Science of Randomness. This film made me think about this class in terms of the butterfly effect. As it would be very difficult, if not virtually impossible to replicate this film due to the randomness of both the color, the spot size and to a lesser extent the soundtrack.


            As you can see I really enjoyed this film, however, I have a couple of critiques. Firstly, the soundtrack. I really enjoyed the randomness of the soundtrack, however, it didn’t engage my senses as much as the visual film did. It was lacking a certain intangible effect on emotions. Secondly, the film didn’t progress in any manner. It would be nice to see the film lead to somewhere. Maybe the film could have started slower, and led to a climatic point. Although I do critique the film, it was very interesting and overall very engaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment