Monday, May 15, 2017

Intermedia Performances, 4/28/2017, The Green Zone.

I am REALLY happy I got to attend this event. I was fascinated by every performance and even the AI piece. The same approach that I used in the Tony Conrad event holds true here. I knew there were performances and usually I look up the performers and see what kind of art to expect. This night I decided to just find out the night of and not have any pre-conception of the artist or what they may perform. I thought Limited Hangout was fantastic, with their setup and what they use to show an image. I could not help but always wonder in the back of my head on what software or devices they were using to create the visuals and audio aesthetics. I really appreciated the other art talents they incorporated into their piece such as the amination and narration. What they performed is something I’ve always wanted to accomplish but never could due to equipment. So, it was really cool to see something that in person.

I thought that Karine’s performance was beautiful and her voice was so complimentary to the visuals displayed on the screen. I also enjoyed Kristen’s performance. At first, I didn’t realize that Kristen Reeves was going to be there until I saw the projector setup. That was something spectacular to watch and witness in person. I will admit that I did watch her as a performance piece rather than focus on the projections. Just seeing her move throughout the matrix of projectors, loading and changing each one was really nerve racking and satisfying in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment